SEIT services are for children 3-5 year of age who are classified by their school district’s Committee on Preschool Education (CPSE) as a preschooler with a disability. SEIT services are provided by a certified special education teacher. SEIT services are individualized to the needs of the child, and may include:
- Implementation of the child’s Individualized Education Program (IEP)
- Implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the child’s behavior management program
- Collaboration with preschool directors and teachers
- Coordination of the child’s educational programs with teachers, therapists and parents
- Parent trainings, observations and home visits
For information specifically on SEIT services, contact the SEIT Coordinator at 718-727-8202.